Starting an HR Career in Dubai
The sad fact that remains is that HR jobs in Dubai for freshers are very hard to come by. It is such that any newcomer who wishes to enter one of the most exciting workplaces in the Middle East would have to literally come through the eye of the needle: because despite the apparent need for human resources practitioners, only about 20% of jobs are advertised online while the other 80% of the jobs available are filled in by personal referrals by those who are already are happily in the workplace.
And so would it be possible for a person from another country to enter the HR arena in Dubai despite the seemingly dire odds? Why yes of course! But it takes a good amount of preparation, persistence and knowledge of the market demand to make it in successfully. This article aims to discuss some very simple things one can do to increase his / her own chance to grab one of those HR jobs in Dubai for freshers.
First off, one must take a long hard look at the hard skills usually required by employers. Usually, online job advertisements provide these details. Common requirements include a minimum number of 3 years experience (which hopefully, does not require it to be in the U.A.E!), a good command of the English language, knowledge in the particular industry the company is working in and working knowledge of a business systems software such as SAP.
Secondly, it was mentioned at the beginning of the article that only 20% of the jobs are marketed online and that the rest are done through referrals. What does that mean? It means one should utilize the oldest way to get hired – and that is to network! The fact that Dubai is in an economic central zone means that it is very much possible to meet workers from there in your own country via trainings, local clientele, friends working abroad or even just via hitting the ever prolific forums and message boards.
While it may seem daunting for now, an encouraging thought for people gunning for HR jobs in Dubai for freshers is that the expected salary for human resource practitioners there on the middle executive level is about 5000 AED per month – which by global standards is actually very, very attractive. This means that while it may take some time, work and effort it would be good to get assessed for a possible job in Dubai as early as now so that one can find a way to enter the HR scene in the U.A.E.
About the author
Author: Admin- Uaehrzone
|A Job-seeker in the UAE? Food sector is here to your Rescue|
by Anshuman Kukreti , Sunday, 4th January 2015
The UAE- a country harboring expats from different corners of the world has stood up as one of the strongest economies with a GDP of AED 1.38 trillion in 2012. With the cluster of seven well-woven...
|Learning and Development Architecture: A Need of Every Organization|
by Swati Srivastava , Thursday, 27th November 2014
Working as an HR Manager, I always remain focused to find out some explicit ways of making training plans for employee development. Though most of the organizations conduct learning and development...
| The Master of Business Administration (MBA) as a course off|
by Admin- Uaehrzone, Tuesday, 13th September 2011
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) as a course offering in the cosmopolitan city of Dubai attracts people in various academic disciplines who want to gain higher education in this field. The...