Forgot password? click here Not a member yet? JOIN NOW

Topic - MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Home > Forum > MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Bookmark and Share

MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Re: MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
by luv2break » Tuesday, 27th July 2010 04:12 pm

abraham wrote:
Thank you very very much Abraham,you truly are a man,you have my respect.
but sorry to bother you again just another question.You said its illegal practicing in UAE without license,does that apply to both government and private hospitals or clinics or just the government. And forgot to mention before,does studying medical in china affect something in practicing here in UAE,i mean can i work in UAE after studying in china.Thanks a lot again.Respect.[/quote]

Apologize for late reply.
The Ministry is clear on this, To practice legally you need a licence ."It is prohibited for doctors to practise medicine in the UAE whether in a company, a private or government health establishment without obtaining a licence from the authorities".
So a doctor must sit an exam which meets with all the requirements of the Ministry of Health or the Dubai Department of Health and Medical Services (Dohms).

Regarding medical degree from china
MOH have mentioned in their manual the educational certificates of few countries as examples, " Examples of certificates equivalent to the highest academic qualifications" but no way mentioned about any countries certificate is not valid. I will write a topic on this and will find out any educational institutions/medical boards are black listed here in UAE.

The updated MOH manual is mention the following

The Standards of Defining the Approved Experience:
  • Experience compliance with specialty.
  • Experience period.
  • Country, type and reputation of the institution where experience was acquired (As far us my knowledge most of the countries certificates are accepted and are eligible to sit for the exam)[/i]- Will clarify on this
  • Experience continuity.
[/quote]

No no no sir,you dont have to apologize.we are very much great full that you have helped us so much.I,as many others,would have been nowhere if you havent posted such a topic,in such a simplified way.Its very difficult to get such information,as one has to search for hours in the government sites to get the exact info.Thanks again for the extended help and cooperation.
And regarding starting the career as GP dentist in UAE,i searched a lot and got few information.Its only UAE nationals that can do it.MOH or DOH have teaching hospitals for internship and post internship after which one can successfully work as GP dentist,i remind again that its for UAE nationals only.This is regarding MOH/DOH.The other way is studying here in UAE colleges and starting the career here.There is no other option of working here as dentist other than having 2 years of experience,excluding internship.

And thanks again Abraham.Thank you very much.

Quote and Reply

by 123456789 » Tuesday, 27th July 2010 04:13 pm

merlindxb wrote:
NightAngel wrote:
I am from Philippines, how can i get a nursing job in Dubai. Please help me

Hospitals under ministry of health in Dubai usually carry out overseas recruitment in India and Philippines and many other countries. This is direct recruitment and can apply through the respective agents. Interviews and selection is done directly by the ministry of health Dubai
Once if they arrange recruitment session, they will publish through local news papers in the respective country and the recruitments only through appointed agents.

So if you are in your home country, just keep on watching the advertisements.

I AM A FILIPINA WORKING HERE IN JEDDAH KSA AND CURRENTLY WORK IN ONE OTHE HOSPITAL HERE I WANT TO TAKE THE EXAMINATION ONLINE WOULD THAT BE POSSIBLE?

Quote and Reply

by nimrah » Wednesday, 28th July 2010 04:58 am

salam im nimrah syed 4m pakistan im the student of final year MBBS IN liaquat university of medical and health science i want u to guide me for futuer that how to get job or continue as docter in UAE plz heip me

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Wednesday, 28th July 2010 08:04 am

nimrah wrote:
salam im nimrah syed 4m pakistan im the student of final year MBBS IN liaquat university of medical and health science i want u to guide me for futuer that how to get job or continue as docter in UAE plz heip me

You need to go long way to secure your future in UAE. you need to have 2-5 years of experience,excluding internship to work in UAE

Quote and Reply

by Paul » Friday, 30th July 2010 06:21 am

I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is a family practitioner who has been working as a GP in the UK and Spain for about 20 years.
He has MB ChB DRCOG. I understand he would need to do some exams to be licensed to practice in Dubai before he applies for positions. As we live and work in Spain at present, would he be able to attend these in the UK.

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Saturday, 31st July 2010 11:07 am

Paul wrote:
I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is a family practitioner who has been working as a GP in the UK and Spain for about 20 years.
He has MB ChB DRCOG. I understand he would need to do some exams to be licensed to practice in Dubai before he applies for positions. As we live and work in Spain at present, would he be able to attend these in the UK.

Your husband is exempted from the exams only he need to sit for an interview to get the licence to practice in Dubai. He can apply from UK for the vacant positions and can secure the job, after getting job or sponsorship from the hospital you can come over here and take the interview for the licence. Dubai welcomes foreign talent and especially who has experience in western countries.
  • Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its three parts are exempted from the G.P. oral and written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
  • Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam only; However they must sit for an interview and an Oral exam.
  • Physicians who passed (PLAB) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
  • Physicians who have profession licenses to practice from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland, and European Union states are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.

Good luck
Abraham

Quote and Reply

by arunviz » Monday, 2nd August 2010 08:35 am

My sister, she is India presently wants to attend HAAD/MOH exam . She is having 5 years of experience in Oman, General Nursing . But she possess certificate of ANDHRA UNIVERSITY in India. She want to confirm that certificate is valid or not for HAAD/MOH/DOH etc . Is there any approved universities list for the same .

Arun
Abu Dhabi

Quote and Reply

by Asadullahkamran » Monday, 2nd August 2010 10:31 am

if someone has Phd degree in radiology does he have to take MOH/DOH??

Quote and Reply

Medical Licence in UAE For UAE Graduates
by drpari » Monday, 2nd August 2010 03:44 pm

Hi Mr. Abraham,

Really wish I would come across this forum earlier. Anywayz its better late then never !!!
I am an MBBS Graduate from GMC Ajman having completed 1 year internship from Mafraq Hospital Abu Dhabi in 2006. After getting my degree I unfortunately was not granted a medical licence in UAE. I prepared for the MOH exam in 2007 and personally went to the MOH office opposite Bur Juman to regsiter as they have some rule to register 2 days before the exam date. Unfortunately, they did not accept my application as I did not have any experience certificate after graduation. I explained to them that I am residing in UAE since childhood and completed my medical education from Ajman itself and no one will offer me a job without license as its prohibited. But it was no use. I was very upset and got a job in insurance field though insurance was not my ultimate goal and field but it was better sitting at home jobless and not earning anything.
I then found out about the Dubai Residency Training program and applied for it in 2007 and passed the written and oral exam but last moment they limited the seats to 7 and took all local and arabic speaking candidates. Next year in 2008, I again applied for DRTP exam, they told me my written exam score from last year is valid and I just have to give the Oral interview. I did not hear anything from them after the interview and I was quite disheartened. Recently, I came to know that this program is only for UAE nationals.

I feel its a waste to study medicine in UAE as there is no advantage. I am ready to give their licence exam but no one will give me experinece certificate which they ask for without a licence. This all is a vicious circle. I cannot go back to India as I am havin a family here. Pleas guide or help me.

I also, heard that they are some private clinics and hospitals which hire doctor's and sponsor their medical Lincense. Is this True? If yes, please let me know which clinics/ hospitals?
I am ready to work even for low salary as long as I get clincial experinece and a sponsor to help me get a medical license.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Dr. pari

Quote and Reply

MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
by ali » Tuesday, 10th August 2010 12:46 am

Dear Abraham,

Thank you for your help.I was succesful in clearing the DOH dental licencing exam. I am outlining my experience and questions asked to me below:
Well they ask a range of questions and they doesn't seem to be a standardised pattern

However I'm listing the questions they asked me..the subsequent questions they ask u depend on ur answers..
1) Managemnt of pt ,insulin dependant needing extraction of mobile canine
2) Pt has ulcer for more than two weeks,diagnosis and management
3) Management of syncope
4)While doing an extraction of upper 6 it fractures..ur management
5) Persistant periapical large radioluscency after pt has done rct one month back from another dentist ur management?
6) Upper rt central missing,ur treatment plan
7)Decay extending subgingivally...how will u restore?

Hope this helps

I am currently hoping to fid a job in dubai and live in bombay...could someone please advice me on how i can go about it? are there any online newspapers i shud check,recruiters..websites anything?!

Regards

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Saturday, 14th August 2010 11:39 am

ali wrote:
Dear Abraham,
Regards

Hi Ali,
Appreciate your time for sharing this information.
The below tips may help you in finding medical jobs in Dubai.
Upload your profile in all the portals like, monstergulf, bayt, naukrigulf.
You can see advertsements for DOH qualified doctors in Khaleej times and gulfnews
www.khaleejtimes.com/appointment
www.gnads4u.com/jobs

The below website has links to the dental clinics , you can directly contact them. I am not sure how effective this menthol but there is no harm in trying
www.indexuae.com/Top/Health/Dentists

Good luck for your job search and please do share your experiences here and it will be a help to many.

Thanks
Abraham

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Saturday, 14th August 2010 11:55 am

arunviz wrote:
My sister, she is India presently wants to attend HAAD/MOH exam . She is having 5 years of experience in Oman, General Nursing . But she possess certificate of ANDHRA UNIVERSITY in India. She want to confirm that certificate is valid or not for HAAD/MOH/DOH etc . Is there any approved universities list for the same .

Arun
Abu Dhabi

Hi
Most of the nursing institutions listed in Indian nursing council are recognized all over the world.
http://www.indiannursingcouncil.org/Recognized-Nursing-Institution

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Saturday, 14th August 2010 11:57 am

Asadullahkamran wrote:
if someone has Phd degree in radiology does he have to take MOH/DOH??

There is no exception for Phd holders

Quote and Reply

REG: MOH/DOH EXAM
by lincyjohn » Sunday, 15th August 2010 01:14 am

Dear Sir,

I am registered nurse with an experience of 3year in India, Now am married and my husband is employed in dubai.I am planning to work in UAE.

Sir, is there any facility to write MOH or DOH exam through online, or my presence is required in dubai for the same. And, please suggest me a friendly website to refer to this procedures

Awaiting for your esteemed reply

Thanks

lincy John

Quote and Reply

by Swati » Sunday, 15th August 2010 05:50 am

ali wrote:
Dear Abraham,

Thank you for your help.I was succesful in clearing the DOH dental licencing exam. I am outlining my experience and questions asked to me below:
Well they ask a range of questions and they doesn't seem to be a standardised pattern

However I'm listing
ali wrote:
Dear Abraham,

However I'm listing the questions they asked me..the subsequent questions they ask u depend on ur answers..
3) Management of syncope
5) Persistant periapical large radioluscency after pt has done rct one month back from another dentist ur management?

Hope this helps

I am currently hoping to fid a job in dubai and live in bombay...could someone please advice me on how i can go about it? are there any online newspapers i shud check,recruiters..websites anything?!

Regards
the questions they asked me..the subsequent questions they ask u depend on ur answers..
3) Management of syncope

Hope this helps

Regards

Dear Ali,

Thanks for the brief about your viva. I am also a dentist & in a process to shift to UAE. kindly let me know if i can speak for further guidence from you if you dont mind.

Regards,
Swati

Quote and Reply

by Swati » Sunday, 15th August 2010 12:01 pm

drpari wrote:
Hi Mr. Abraham,

Really wish I would come across this forum earlier. Anywayz its better late then never !!!
Thanks
Dr. pari

Hi Dr. Pari, did you get any way out from your situation.
Regards,

Quote and Reply

formalities for writing DOH
by serena » Monday, 16th August 2010 08:15 am

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
IS THERE ANY EXAM CENTRE IN BANGALORE?

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 16th August 2010 10:52 am

drpari wrote:
Hi Mr. Abraham,

Thanks
Dr. pari

Hi Dr.Pari,
I am not able to find any good solution for you but i shared your situation with few of my well wishers.I am worried that i would not be able to give much information in this matter. First time i am hearing a situation like this but i wounder how the medical universities in UAE are aggressively giving admissions to foreigners.

The law doesn't allow you to practice in UAE with out a licence. You many require the minimum experience to approach any clinics and request them to sponsor your medical licence.

Try to contact your college and share the fact, let them have a think on this.
Contact your Alumni association (i can see they have an alumni functioning in UAE)
File an appeal to the Ministry of health, try to visit them again and explain your situation.

The best way is to present this situation to the college and alumni as you may get information about the other foreign students who passed along with you.
Hope i can come with for more information.

Good luck and all my wishes

Quote and Reply

by trial » Tuesday, 17th August 2010 06:47 am

Hi All,

we have faced a serious issue in Dubai. My wife applied for the DOH licence. After paying the VIP amount to get earlier appointment she went to the exam, and the two ladies are asking such questions which they usually not ask from candidates.

She is from EUROPE, and has expreience 8 years as dental hygiensit and assistant, she also worked in the USA as assistant.

So these ladies are asking such questions that normally they do not ask. We know many Phillipinies and indians who passed easily on this exam, and we asked them what questions they asked from them, and it was easy.

Please help me how can we stand on our truth and defend ourselves from their despotic behavior.
What can I do? it is happenning each and every European clever people. Why?

cAN i GO FOR a trial?

Many thanks,

Quote and Reply

by soja » Friday, 20th August 2010 05:35 am

hello sir,

thank you so much for such a valuable information.i have just completed m.b.b.s from pondicherry university,india.i came to know that im not eligible for writing moh exam as it needed 2 years of experience excluding the internship period.so i have decided to continue my studies there.can you help me by suggesting various foreign degree exams and degree courses(valid in india) in reputed universities in uae.hop you will take this into your kind consideration

Quote and Reply

how to register in abudhabi ministy of health
by subinsalim » Saturday, 21st August 2010 06:26 am

hi,

i have one doubt regarding registration in ministry of health in abudhabi. i have passed Bachelor of Pharmacy from India last june. i have plan to come to abudhabi. is it possible to get a job as a trainee in abudhabi? and is it need to register pharmacy certificate in ministry of health before joining as a trainee?

Quote and Reply

by joyceann17 » Monday, 23rd August 2010 01:04 am

Doctors
Try searching the ministry of health website (links at the end of this post), The exam is of 2 part MCQs and if you pass with this they will call you for the interview (Viva).
The doctors can try for a job in private hospitals and apply for a medical licence while you are at work. Getting a job in private sector in the UAE is much easier, but working hours are more and pay is less.When you pass with the licence you are allowed to work in Ministry hospitals in the Emirates except Dubai and Abudhabi, these two emirates have a different licensing. The applicants can submit the application in MOH office in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. (you can find the address with phone numbers at the end of this post)

--It says here that doctors can try a job in private hospital, can i work as a general practitioner even still not taking medical license and what are the available jobs usually offered as a doctor here in dubai Could you please advice me? Thanks

Quote and Reply

by drpari » Tuesday, 24th August 2010 09:21 am

Hi Mr. Abraham,

Thank you for the prompt reply. My university is very much aware of this situation but are not doing anything much. They can just offer an observership and not clinical experience so again it wont help me in getting a licence. I am in touch with a few of my colleagues and they have moved back to their hometowns.

I visited the MOH and DHA office but they do not have any solution for me.
It is very unfair and all medical universities should either be closed down here or only admit UAE nationals. As I have spend a lot of money on my education and I now feel its becoming a waste.

Its my advice to everyone not to study medicine in the UAE otherwise you will be trapped like me.

Regards

Dr. Pari

Regards,[/quote]shers.I am worried that i would not be able to give much information in this matter. First time i am hearing a situation like this but i wounder how the medical universities in UAE are aggressively giving admissions to foreigners.

The law doesn't allow you to practice in UAE with out a licence. You many require the minimum experience to approach any clinics and request them to sponsor your medical licence.

Contact your Alumni association (i can see they have an alumni functioning in UAE)
File an appeal to the Ministry of health, try to visit them again and explain your situation.

The best way is to present this situation to the college and alumni as you may get information about the other foreign students who passed along with you.

[/quote]

Quote and Reply

moh
by turkan » Wednesday, 25th August 2010 04:12 am

hello mr abrahim,
i am an indian but graduated from dhaka university and then came to dubai..did my internship with DOHMS and finished it in march 2009.since then i am trying to get into something so that i can pursue my carrier in UAE but unfortunately nothing is coming up...my family is in UAE so i want something to do here only...i am preparing USMLE exam for now as an alternative...i did clinical attachment in dohms for couple of months but that not much helpful..i even tried for dubai residency but was not selected as they give priority to locals... i have heard if u clear usmle then u dont need 2 years experience to write moh...is it true...
i am even interested in teaching if there is any scope....it is really sad and frustrating sitting home jobless
please suggest what can i do...
turkan

Quote and Reply

by Ammoq » Thursday, 26th August 2010 04:43 am

drpari wrote:
Hi Mr. Abraham,

Thank you for the prompt reply. My university is very much aware of this situation but are not doing anything much. They can just offer an observership and not clinical experience so again it wont help me in getting a licence. I am in touch with a few of my colleagues and they have moved back to their hometowns.

I visited the MOH and DHA office but they do not have any solution for me.
It is very unfair and all medical universities should either be closed down here or only admit UAE nationals. As I have spend a lot of money on my education and I now feel its becoming a waste.

Its my advice to everyone not to study medicine in the UAE otherwise you will be trapped like me.

Regards

Dr. Pari

Regards,
shers.I am worried that i would not be able to give much information in this matter. First time i am hearing a situation like this but i wounder how the medical universities in UAE are aggressively giving admissions to foreigners.

[/quote][/quote]

Hi Dr. Pari...My name is Ammar Qureshi...

Its really very dissapointing to hear abt ure situation...esp since they denied u the licence.
however the clinical attachment u mentioned can be used as experience to write the exam..
u have to go to moh and open a file with them and submit some documents...then they post in u any hospital they find vacant.
but there is catch ....u have to do this attachment for 2 years without pay. but in ure situation it might be the only way out

Give it a try because i know many people who have come from outside right after graduating ...since they have no experience they take the clinical attachent and work for 2 years and then write the exam

Goodluck

Ammar Qureshi

Quote and Reply

by rahul76 » Friday, 27th August 2010 11:44 pm

Can someone please post the salary offered to GPs in Ajman and if the cost of accomodation is made by the applicant or the company gives accommodation?

thnks

Quote and Reply

by systoles » Sunday, 29th August 2010 11:25 am

Ammoq wrote:
drpari wrote:
Hi Mr. Abraham,
[/quote]

hello Dr.Pari,

I can empathize with you, coz i am stuck in a similar situation, Having done my degree abroad, i came to dubai and applied for internship under DOHMS(DHA) , I was accepted and completed my internship, and now they wont hire me, the situation is really crappy here.coz as per rule of DHA , u need 3 yr exp post internship, and MOH , 2 yrs if i am not mistaken,, to sit for their exams. and they wont hire you for exp,

DHA has its own residency programs, but as such they prioritize the UAE nationals , and the program itself, i know that they dont give u a degree by the end of the residency, just a certificate saying u have this much exp in the field, but u have to pass the arab board., so getting into it is difficult,

I cant go and practice in my home country, my family resides here in UAE.
So i am left with nothing as to what to do now, I thought of joining an insurance company , atleast that way, i could earn atleast , and keep my dad'z wallets far off, in this way and study for the USMLE or any other exams..

Clinical attchment is another option u can do here, u can apply to either DHA or MOH , but as Ammar Qureshi said, its unpaid, and mind you, DHA gives clinical attachment but they themselves dont consider it as experience, but MOH accepts DHA attachent as experience, I have seen guys do attchement for 2 yrs and sit for the MOH exam.

Another extreme way is to join an insurance and do the attachments in the free time(evening shifts), in this way , u gain exp and u earn,

Dr.JP

Quote and Reply

by drpari » Monday, 30th August 2010 05:00 pm

systoles wrote:
Ammoq wrote:
drpari wrote:
Hi Mr. Abraham,
Hi Dr Ammar and Dr. JP,

First of all thanks to both of you and my best wishes. It's difficult to go for a clinical attachment along with insurance job, esp. when u have a family and a baby at home, but I might try this option since I have no other option and nowdays inflation is so much that I also, need to earn and help my husband.

I was thinking of the USMLE but it seems like a long process and difficult to study with a baby at home.

By the way, what's the start pay scale in both govt and private for a GP after getting a licence???

Do they consider an HAAD licence or experience and let u give DHA or MOH???

await reply.

thanks
dr pari

Quote and Reply

by ammarq » Tuesday, 31st August 2010 12:26 pm

Dr. Pari,

i agree having a child at home is hard to do both.
but u can give the usmle a shot....studying is an issue...it does takes time but if u end up getting a residency u wont pretty much need anything else.

About the Haad licence ....i think if u speak to someone in the MOH department maybe they can give u special consideration.
do u have a hAAD licence? do they require any experience for applying for a licence?

Ammar Qureshi

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Wednesday, 1st September 2010 03:31 am

joyceann17 wrote:
Doctors
Try searching the ministry of health website (links at the end of this post), The exam is of 2 part MCQs and if you pass with this they will call you for the interview (Viva).
The doctors can try for a job in private hospitals and apply for a medical licence while you are at work. Getting a job in private sector in the UAE is much easier, but working hours are more and pay is less.When you pass with the licence you are allowed to work in Ministry hospitals in the Emirates except Dubai and Abudhabi, these two emirates have a different licensing. The applicants can submit the application in MOH office in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. (you can find the address with phone numbers at the end of this post)

--It says here that doctors can try a job in private hospital, can i work as a general practitioner even still not taking medical license and what are the available jobs usually offered as a doctor here in dubai Could you please advice me? Thanks

No, you are not allowed to work with out the licence. UAE government seems to be strict and recently Ministry of health made it clear through a circular. The circular says the professionals are not allowed to commence work even in situations where the licence application has been submitted or a licence assessment has been conducted and a pass result given. The professionals cannot work even in cases where the licence has been approved, but has not been issued.

According to Khaleej times dated Jun 3, 2010, The warning came after the authority found a number of health professionals working in the emirate without a licence. In a recent circular issued to health establishments, the authority warned of legal action against those found in violation.

There are cases earlier where the doctors practice in private hospitals and then try to get the licence.

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Wednesday, 1st September 2010 03:48 am

lincyjohn wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am registered nurse with an experience of 3year in India, Now am married and my husband is employed in dubai.I am planning to work in UAE.

Sir, is there any facility to write MOH or DOH exam through online, or my presence is required in dubai for the same. And, please suggest me a friendly website to refer to this procedures

Awaiting for your esteemed reply

Thanks

lincy John

Hi Lincy,
As far as my knowledge there is no Online exam for the same. Some times ministry conduct interviews and recruit nursers from India, Philippines etc. Candidates are offered jobs in this direct client interviews conducted by ministry of health.But this depends on the demand and you can see recruitment drives advertisement in local newspapers. But not quite so often.

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Wednesday, 1st September 2010 04:29 am

ammarq wrote:
Dr. Pari,

i agree having a child at home is hard to do both.
but u can give the usmle a shot....studying is an issue...it does takes time but if u end up getting a residency u wont pretty much need anything else.

About the Haad licence ....i think if u speak to someone in the MOH department maybe they can give u special consideration.
do u have a hAAD licence? do they require any experience for applying for a licence?

Ammar Qureshi

Hi Dr.Ammer,Dr.JP and Dr.Pari,
I have read the comments regarding USMLE. USMLE give you the below privilege (points in bold) but again what about the experience ? As far as my knowledge they need the required experience to work. Appreciate your inputs

Remarks about the Evaluation Conditions:

Intern grade is confined to national doctors only.
The internship year (training or residing) must be spent in one of the recognized hospitals.
National physicians are exempted from the condition of experience upon evaluation as a starting G.P. however they must complete the internship year.
UAE and GCC National physicians are exempted from G.P. exam provided they are graduates from any recognized faculty of medicine whether in their original countries or abroad and have license to practice in their country.
Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its three parts are exempted from the G.P. oral and written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam only; However they must sit for an interview and an Oral exam.

Physicians who passed (PLAB) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
Physicians who have profession licenses to practice from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland, and European Union states are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.

Quote and Reply

by Drhetal » Saturday, 4th September 2010 09:22 am

Respected sir,
i m a physiotherapist working in India. my husband works in Dubai n i m going to join him there in somewhere around in Jan 2011. it would b great help if u could guide me as to how should i approach if i plan to start working in Dubai.what r d procedures for approaching for licensing exam. what would b better giving exam in India or in Dubai.can i get d exam dates for both (exam in India{mumbai preferably} n Dubai).what all documents needed if i plan to take the exam latter after i reach Dubai so that i can bring those documents when i come to Dubai.
waiting for your reply.regards.
thanking you,
Dr. hetal

Quote and Reply

by jitharani » Saturday, 4th September 2010 10:05 am

Dear sir,

I did my Msc in Biochemistry(general) and having 2years experience in clinical field from india. Now i am in Abu-dhabi on husband's visa . Could you please convience me about the procedure to get Licence to work in UAE (Abu Dhabi/Dubai/Sharjh) also please inform me about the exam which should I attend to get Licence.

Regards

Jitha

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 6th September 2010 01:46 am

Hi Jitha,
You can register for the Technicians and contact MOH office for the exam schedules and application . You can try DHA (DOH) for Dubai licence and HAAD for abudhabi

The following Medical Specializations comes under the technicians

X-ray, dentistry, physiotherapy, optics, laboratories, insects, malaria, nutrition, food, cardiography, audio (training the deaf and dumb), artificial limbs.
The following specially “Clinical Chemistry, Medical Microbiology, Haematology, Immunology, Histopathology, Medical Genetics and Diagnostic Molecular Biology” which are graduated from universities and college that are approved by Ministry of Education - higher education & Research are accepted for entering the exam.
Hospital administration, health care administration, medical services administration, health services administration, social service, health planning.
Computer science, medical secretariat, medical registration, biostatistics, health statistics, health research, medical libraries secretariat.
Preventive medicine, environmental health, tropical medicine, public health, community health, health education, health media, medical rehabilitation, mother and child care, epidemics, elderly care, handicapped care, occupational health.
Medical equipment maintenance, medical engineering, medical laboratories technology, radiography, medical technologies (cardiography, encephalography, embryography), radioprevention.
Nuclear medicine, physical health.
Sports medicine
Psychology
Forensic medicine
Information systems.

check the below links to get more details

MOH- UAE http://www.moh.gov.ae/en/Page_956.aspx#1
call center number- 800 11111

DHA- Dubai
http://edohms.dohms.gov.ae

HAAD -Abu Dhabi
http://www.haad.ae

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 6th September 2010 02:29 am

Drhetal wrote:
Respected sir,
i m a physiotherapist working in India. my husband works in Dubai n i m going to join him there in somewhere around in Jan 2011. it would b great help if u could guide me as to how should i approach if i plan to start working in Dubai.what r d procedures for approaching for licensing exam. what would b better giving exam in India or in Dubai.can i get d exam dates for both (exam in India{mumbai preferably} n Dubai).what all documents needed if i plan to take the exam latter after i reach Dubai so that i can bring those documents when i come to Dubai.
waiting for your reply.regards.
thanking you,
Dr. hetal

Hi Dr. Hetal,
Please see the above answer which i wrote for Jitha, you will get the required information from that post.
physiotherapist comes under the Technicians category

Quote and Reply

by SINI » Monday, 6th September 2010 04:04 am

Dear Sir,

I applied DHA license for the post of Nurse and the exam scheduled on next month. I am a diploma holder with 6 year experience in NICU. can u explain what type of questions they may ask? any particular syllabus for the exam? ur reply is very valuable for me...

awaiting for ur reply....

Thanks
Sini

Quote and Reply

HAAD exam for specialists
by radiologist » Monday, 6th September 2010 09:08 am

Hello , this site is very helpful, I have been searching for weeks for information other that the limited which are at HAAD site and finally found this.

I am a specialist doctor,

I sit for the HAAd exam about 9 months ago, and did not pass, I was waiting to re-sit for the exam and I dont now how much time it will take again, I am here in a tourist visa and afraid that it will finish befor I had the exam or at least the date of the exam.

If you please could you clarify to me the possible date of my next HAAD exam, or this is not subjective to every specialist.

Thank you,

Dr. Sami

Quote and Reply

by Vaibhav » Tuesday, 7th September 2010 03:29 am

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for giving so many important informations. I have completed my post graduation in physiotherapist and right now working in India. Can you please tell me how do I obtain the Licence for working in Dubai and how many years of experience would be required in my case. I have an experience of one year, in the same field, prior to the post graduation. Also, I would like to know about how I can work in some private clinic and then later on apply for the test. Can I get work permit without the licence if I choose to work with any private clinic to start with.

Will be a great help if you can take out time to reply to my queries.

Thank you very much.

regards,
Vaibhav Syal

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Tuesday, 7th September 2010 03:36 am

radiologist wrote:

Hello ,
Thank you,
Dr. Sami

Hi Sami,
9 months is a long time and you can re-sit for the exam. As per the information from the HAAD'S website the next exam schedules are in October but note that many times websites are not updated properly (Now a days things are improved and i can see many updates in HAAD and DHA website).

The best option is to contact them directly through phone or visiting them, the staffs are friendly and will help you out.

Health Authority-Abu Dhabi

Main Building:
Abu Dhabi, Airport Road
P.O. Box 5674
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-2-449-3333
Fax: +971-2-444-9822
Toll free: 800 800
Email: Healthcare@haad.ae

For your enquiries, suggestions and complaints please call our 24-7 toll free number 800 – 800 or email us on Healthcare@haad.ae

Also you can visit Health Authority - Abu Dhabi Customer Service Center

Official Office Timings:
For HAAD staff: 7:00am - 3:00 pm
For Customers: 07:30- 03:00 pm, the toll free is 24/7
Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Quote and Reply