Username: Password:

Forgot password? click here Not a member yet? JOIN NOW

Topic - MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Home > Forum > MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Bookmark and Share

MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi

DOH licence
by Anita24 » Tuesday, 29th March 2011 05:06 am

Hie, I am Anita. I have recently completed my post graduation in medical biotechnology,
My question is if i can apply for the DOH licence to work as a lab technician. and do we need work experience before applying for the licence. can i biotechnologist get a DOH licence and work as a lab technician?

thank you.

Quote and Reply

Re: MOH/DOH/GAHS Exam in UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
by lois01 » Wednesday, 30th March 2011 04:41 am

hi i just want to ask how much will it cost to take the MOH exam? how much will i pay? and i only have 1 year and 6 months experience can i still take the exam? pls give me advice on what to do..can i ask also the schedule of the exam this 2011? i badly need your reply. thank you

Quote and Reply

by laila5 » Wednesday, 6th April 2011 12:57 am

Hi everyone,
Very interesting thread, i liked it so much , thanks for sharing everyone.
Am a GP dentist and applying for the exam in Abu-Dhabi , the 1st exam was on Feb. but i was out of the country , yet as i recall the 2nd one is going to be on Nov.2011 , anyone has any idea about it?
Is it confirmed on Nov. ?

Thanks in advance:)

Quote and Reply

by fk » Friday, 8th April 2011 04:28 am

dear abraham,
i have read ur detialed post and very greatful.
could you let me know am a MRCGP from london as a GP and we are aiming to move to duabi inshallah soon, i have checked the sites you have mentioned but unbale to see any more information there, kindlylet me know what do i have to do next interms of working in duabi and abu dhabi , i do understand from your previous post that i need to pass exams may be the oral part only not sure though,
waititng in anticipation.

Quote and Reply

by edashour » Friday, 8th April 2011 03:10 pm

Hi Dear:
I am a Jordanian GP working with ministry of health in SA,my experience is 18 yrs as a GP,
I have passed the ECFMG certificate since1993.I want to know if I am exempted from the written exam of moh in uae and whether I can apply for a job in the Emirates before taking the viva and practical tests

Quote and Reply

by drsaima » Monday, 11th April 2011 11:42 am

assalam...dis is saima 4rm india.i hv done physiotherapy wid 2+ experience..i want2 work in dubai or abu dhabi...do i need 2 giv exam 4 private sector..can u plz send in details abt d exam n other registration details..waiting 4 ur details

Quote and Reply

by shanto » Tuesday, 12th April 2011 07:54 am

no i dont have any thing about this . im new, so i would like to know about this.

Quote and Reply

by frances3 » Tuesday, 12th April 2011 12:04 pm

hi..
im a registered nurse in the philippines and planning to go to DUbai, or Al Ain, or Sharjah to work in a private or government hospital or clinic. what exam should i take to qualify for employment there?
when is the schedule of exam and the requirements to register for the exam?
thank you!

Quote and Reply

by bhavanaborkhatariya » Monday, 18th April 2011 10:44 am

Hi my name is Bhavana Borkhatariya I want detail of MOH exam
What Certificate are needed and which Attestations are needed for application.
I have completed B.sc in physics.I have D.M.L.T cerificate and Experience certificate,Other than this which
certificates or documents are needed please tell me
I want appear for the exam in may...please tell me

Quote and Reply

by drshaheerkodur » Thursday, 21st April 2011 11:44 am

I am GP working In abudhabi,(HAAD)
I would like to Know if i can Work In ajman Sharja etc With HAAD lisence..

Quote and Reply

MOH License
by leonila » Friday, 22nd April 2011 05:00 am

Dear Sir / Maam,
I would like to inquire of the MOH license of my daughter as a Assistant A/ Dental Assistant. Can still be used before it will expire on July 2012. She was not able to use it since she exit to Philippines before she can start to work. She passed the MOH exam last 15 July 2009 but she was not able to use it up to now since she is still in Philippines waiting for her nursing board exam result. If she will be coming before the expiration of her license, can she still use it when she is going to apply for a job here in UAE?
Please reply.

Thanks and best regards.

Quote and Reply

MOH License
by leonila » Friday, 22nd April 2011 05:07 am

Dear Sir / Maam,
I would like to inquire of the MOH license of my daughter as a Assistant A/ Dental Assistant. Can still be used before it will expire on July 2012. She was not able to use it since she exit to Philippines before she can start to work. She passed the MOH exam last 15 July 2009 but she was not able to use it up to now since she is still in Philippines waiting for her nursing board exam result. If she will be coming before the expiration of her license, can she still use it when she is going to apply for a job here in UAE?
Please reply.

Thanks and best regards.

Quote and Reply

by sabionline » Monday, 25th April 2011 04:28 am

prassynair wrote:
Hi,

I passed MOH exam and currently working as a pharmacist in Sharjah. I would like to appear for DOH licensing exam and i want to persue my profession in Dubai. Could anyone inform me whether it si possible to apply for DOH exam if you are working for a pharmacy in Sharjah??

i am in saudia and as you are currently working in uae so i want to get some information.if u can help me ? i have done my pharm.D
PLZ CONSIDER

Quote and Reply

by dramitanandani » Thursday, 28th April 2011 04:39 am

hello everyone

i have a query, my family is dubai based with good connections and i have completed my b.d.s from india and have one and half year expereince not including internship, i have been told to giv moh exam to get dental assistant postion in sharjah , so i woudl lilke to knwnow if working as dental assitant for say another 2 years wil make me eligible to get a dental practiponer lisence from dubai or if i start asa dental assistant would not include my expereince years a dental practioner

Quote and Reply

by drsapna » Thursday, 28th April 2011 04:55 am

erumafreen wrote:
drashh wrote:
drsapna wrote:
drashh wrote:
HIII,do u know the type of questions being asked during interview of GP at DOH.i'm soon appearing in it.thanking u in anticipation.

dr ayesha congrats... plz can i have ur mail add? dr erum.

hi drashh... did u take the GP DOH exam ? I too am a GP wanting to take the DOH exam. Looking for some tips, or even someone to study with. If possible, please write to me at oki_doki_smoki@hotmail.com, so we can take it from there. thanks

Hii drsapna,
i passed my DOH GP interview on 24th feb.thanxx god.i'll try to help u as much as i can,because when i was preparing for it,i didnt have anyone to guide me.there was panel of 3 family physicians.u've to answer all.they ask one by one.questions usually related to ur internship n clinical experience.they give u scenario,u've to make diagnosis n then plan treatment.hypertension,MI,infectious ds,antibiotics,vaccinations(childhood).dosage of emergency drugs etc.these were the topics they asked me.if u want anything specific to ask,plzz feel free.all the best,
Regards,
Dr ayesha

HI DR. ERUM, ARE U PLANNING TO TAKE THE DHA GP EXAM? PLS CAN I HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?

Quote and Reply

by ansariharrism » Sunday, 1st May 2011 05:23 am

Thank you very much for such a detailed post. I am a final year Ophthalmology resident from Pakistan. I would like to know that hat exams I would have to sit in the UAE to be able to practice Ophthalmology in the UAE.

Best Regards,
Harris

Quote and Reply

by sahr » Sunday, 1st May 2011 07:00 am

hi every one im sahr living in abu dhabi and wants to appear in haad exam but i came to know that for appearing in haad i must have internship of genral surgery while i have done my house job in gyane obs and medicine,now wat should i do ? do i have any chance to practice or get job in abu dhabi or there is no any way.im very much upset when i heard about this.wat should i do now plz guide me.

thank u
sahr

Quote and Reply

by drszee » Sunday, 1st May 2011 07:59 am

abraham wrote:
Paul wrote:
I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is a family practitioner who has been working as a GP in the UK and Spain for about 20 years.
He has MB ChB DRCOG. I understand he would need to do some exams to be licensed to practice in Dubai before he applies for positions. As we live and work in Spain at present, would he be able to attend these in the UK.

Your husband is exempted from the exams only he need to sit for an interview to get the licence to practice in Dubai. He can apply from UK for the vacant positions and can secure the job, after getting job or sponsorship from the hospital you can come over here and take the interview for the licence. Dubai welcomes foreign talent and especially who has experience in western countries.
  • Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its three parts are exempted from the G.P. oral and written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
  • Physicians who passed (USMLE) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam only; However they must sit for an interview and an Oral exam.
  • Physicians who passed (PLAB) exam in its first and second parts are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.
  • Physicians who have profession licenses to practice from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland, and European Union states are exempted from G.P. written exam; However they must sit for an interview.

Good luck
Abraham

if someone doesnt have work experience after internship, but has cleared USMLE or PLAB, can they also get a license to practice here?

Quote and Reply

by prassynair » Monday, 2nd May 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

Please feel free to ask what you want to know. If i have that information i shall definately share with you.

sabionline wrote:
prassynair wrote:
Hi,

I passed MOH exam and currently working as a pharmacist in Sharjah. I would like to appear for DOH licensing exam and i want to persue my profession in Dubai. Could anyone inform me whether it si possible to apply for DOH exam if you are working for a pharmacy in Sharjah??

i am in saudia and as you are currently working in uae so i want to get some information.if u can help me ? i have done my pharm.D
PLZ CONSIDER

Quote and Reply

by sahr » Monday, 2nd May 2011 07:49 am

sahr wrote:
hi every one im sahr living in abu dhabi and wants to appear in haad exam but i came to know that for appearing in haad i must have internship of genral surgery while i have done my house job in gyane obs and medicine,now wat should i do ? do i have any chance to practice or get job in abu dhabi or there is no any way.im very much upset when i heard about this.wat should i do now plz guide me.

thank u
sahr

Quote and Reply

by Farahniz » Tuesday, 3rd May 2011 03:42 am

Hi Abraham,
I am a doctor.I went to the DHA. Today n I was told that As I have less than 4 yes of experience I am only allowed to work in Approved Practice Setting. It included govt hospitals and centers and private general hospitals with more than 50 beds. Could you please give me names of a few places where I can go inquire and apply. Is there an exam for this as well?
Thanks,
Farah

Quote and Reply

Re: DOH Lisence? +PLAB
by drhussain » Wednesday, 4th May 2011 12:03 am

Hi everyone.....
I gather from information here that anyone who has passed plab 1&2 is exempt from DHA/DOH written exam.......if anyone can tell me if there is any hope for someone less than 2 yrs clinical experience but PLAB 1&2 passed?.....any chancces of getting a DOH lisence in this case?

i am really hoping someone will be able to give some info...

thanks in advance..

best of luck to all...

dr.saadia

Quote and Reply

by drsapna » Wednesday, 4th May 2011 02:10 am

drhussain wrote:
Hi everyone.....
I gather from information here that anyone who has passed plab 1&2 is exempt from DHA/DOH written exam.......if anyone can tell me if there is any hope for someone less than 2 yrs clinical experience but PLAB 1&2 passed?.....any chancces of getting a DOH lisence in this case?

thanks in advance..

best of luck to all...

dr.saadia

Hi Dr. Saadia, i am a general practitioner in UAE, and from my experiences with DOH and MOH for the past 5 years, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a licence without minimum 1 year internship + 2 years work experience. Even if you meet those criterias, there is many obstacles one can face, for example, unrecognised internship, missing subject in the training or internship period, etc etc etc... it does not matter if u have USMLE or PLAB or even MRCP, if you dont have the work experience, they will not let you register for exam. However, I have heard of people who have somehow managed to get the work experience while in UAE and then got the licence. I'm not sure how thats done, but maybe someone else on this site will be able to help you with that information.

Hope I helped in some way.
good luck
Dr. Sapna

Quote and Reply

PHARMACIST
by RADHIA » Wednesday, 4th May 2011 01:23 pm

HELLO I M A PHARMACIT WITH 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN ALGERIA,I WANT TO WORK IN DUBAI,I KNOW THAT I HAVE TO PASS THE DHA TEST BUT I DON T KNOW IF THEY ACCEPT THE ALGERIAN BSC IN PHARMACIE, IF SOMENONE PASSED THE TEST CAN TELL ME THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS
THANKS FOR HELPING ME

Quote and Reply

by aida » Tuesday, 10th May 2011 03:34 pm

hi all...
appreciate ur great efforts to help health proffesionals...
im a dentist with 3 yrs clinical experience & preparing for MOH dental GP exam ..
kindly can anyone guide me about prep course, exam pattern, books for reference, or which subjects/topics they usually ask for...or if anyone has past papers...?? plz help me out...
regards..
aidaa

Quote and Reply

by susanb76 » Tuesday, 10th May 2011 08:45 pm

drsapna wrote:
drhussain wrote:
Hi everyone.....

thanks in advance..

best of luck to all...

dr.saadia

Hi Dr. Saadia, i am a general practitioner in UAE, and from my experiences with DOH and MOH for the past 5 years, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a licence without minimum 1 year internship + 2 years work experience. Even if you meet those criterias, there is many obstacles one can face, for example, unrecognised internship, missing subject in the training or internship period, etc etc etc... it does not matter if u have USMLE or PLAB or even MRCP, if you dont have the work experience, they will not let you register for exam. However, I have heard of people who have somehow managed to get the work experience while in UAE and then got the licence. I'm not sure how thats done, but maybe someone else on this site will be able to help you with that information.

Hope I helped in some way.
good luck
Dr. Sapna

Dr. Sapna can u plz contact me at susan.bakuska@gmail.com

thnx

Quote and Reply

by kmanitech » Tuesday, 10th May 2011 10:50 pm

abraham wrote:
New Professions Application for DOH
Procedures
Fill Form 1 ( (PDF Form OR HTML Form)
Fill Form 2 (PDF Form OR HTML Form)should be filled and stamped by your employer.
The candidate has to attach a copy from his educational and qualification certificates, experience and reference letter, copy of his registration in his country, list of surgery he/she has done, passport copy and three color photographs. You must pay the fees the moment you apply. Moreover, you will have to present all the original papers you submit to DOH . To notify, your qualifications should be attested by the UAE Embassy.
Dubai Health Authority will inform the candidate about the date, time of the interview. After the interview is over, you can find out your result by just calling us.
If the candidate passed the interview, they have to pay the license fees, which is as follows:
- Doctors = AED 2, 600
- Nurses & Others = AED 600

CHECKLIST FOR ALL THE PROFESSIONALS Requirements (56 Professionals)
APPLICATIONS FOR LICENSURE

Quote and Reply

by shilpa » Thursday, 12th May 2011 07:43 am

kmanitech wrote:
abraham wrote:
New Professions Application for DOH
Procedures
Fill Form 1 ( (PDF Form OR HTML Form)
Fill Form 2 (PDF Form OR HTML Form)should be filled and stamped by your employer.
The candidate has to attach a copy from his educational and qualification certificates, experience and reference letter, copy of his registration in his country, list of surgery he/she has done, passport copy and three color photographs. You must pay the fees the moment you apply. Moreover, you will have to present all the original papers you submit to DOH . To notify, your qualifications should be attested by the UAE Embassy.
Dubai Health Authority will inform the candidate about the date, time of the interview. After the interview is over, you can find out your result by just calling us.
If the candidate passed the interview, they have to pay the license fees, which is as follows:
- Doctors = AED 2, 600
- Nurses & Others = AED 600

CHECKLIST FOR ALL THE PROFESSIONALS Requirements (56 Professionals)
APPLICATIONS FOR LICENSURE

hi all,
thanks to evrone in this blog.i am shilpa from india,finished my MBBS in 09,and since thn i have 2 yrs of clinical experience in a teaching hospital in medicine dept. now tht i have come to dubai with my husband on depedant visa,and as i got to know that one need to have min3yrs of experience to appear for DHA,i was planning to do some courses related to medicine,could be postgraduation,diploma,fellowship.can somebody plz help me how to proceed further to study in dubai and the documents required,plz can somebody help me as soon as possible.thanking you so much,
eagerly waiting for your reply.

Quote and Reply

by marielajabola » Thursday, 12th May 2011 01:13 pm

does anybody know the exam dates for ministry of health in dubai for 2011. i am currently in kuwait and would would want to go to dubai to be a staff nurse for ministry of health hospital. or any hospital in dubai that is currently have job opening for staff nurse. thank you for your help. God bless.

Quote and Reply

by marielajabola » Thursday, 12th May 2011 01:16 pm

does anybody know the exam dates for ministry of health in dubai for 2011. i am currently in kuwait and would would want to go to dubai to be a staff nurse for ministry of health hospital. or any hospital in dubai that is currently have job opening for staff nurse. thank you for your help. God bless.

Quote and Reply

by aida » Friday, 13th May 2011 06:48 am

hi all...
appreciate ur great efforts to help health proffesionals...
im a dentist with 3 yrs clinical experience & preparing for MOH dental GP exam ..
kindly can anyone guide me about exam pattern, books for reference, or which subjects/topics they usually ask for...or if anyone has past papers...?? plz help me out...
regards..
aidaa

Quote and Reply

by radiologist » Friday, 13th May 2011 09:58 am

Dear Mr . Abraham

I am a radiology specialist, my application to HAAD is 10 months old now, still I have no interview date, I tried to contact the HAAD officials many times through the last 5 months, every one was transferring me to follow up with another, unfortunately, till this moment there is no reply from them, I have my application number, but I could not find anything about my status in the HAAD website.

Please advise, I need to contact the person responsible for application to figure out what to do ASAP.

Thanks for your kindness and precious help.

Sami.

Quote and Reply

by Pharmacist » Sunday, 15th May 2011 06:58 am

Dear Mr . Abraham

I am a pharmacist. I have 1 year experience now. I want to work in dubai as a pharmacist. So can you please guide me how to find a job as a pharmacist without MOH.. I want to complete 1 year experince in dubai to qualify for MOH exam...
I shall be very thankful to you....

Quote and Reply

by drsagg » Sunday, 15th May 2011 09:04 am

drshaheerkodur wrote:
I am GP working In abudhabi,(HAAD)
I would like to Know if i can Work In ajman Sharja etc With HAAD lisence..

Dear Dr.Shaheerkodur

I am also GP Dentist and have to give HAAD in upcoming Days.Could you please guide me somethinh about it like what kind of questions they asked in MCQ's I will really appreciate your help.If you wish Mail me at- dr.s.agg@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote and Reply

by drsagg » Sunday, 15th May 2011 09:17 am

drsapna wrote:
erumafreen wrote:
drashh wrote:
drsapna wrote:
drashh wrote:
HIII,do u know the type of questions being asked during interview of GP at DOH.i'm soon appearing in it.thanking u in anticipation.

Hi Dr.Ayesha

I am also GP dentist and my exam date for DOH is on 13th june . Could you please guide me about the DOH assessment exam.My email address is- dr.s.agg@gmail.com.Kindly mail.

Thanks

Quote and Reply

by MamtaR » Wednesday, 18th May 2011 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,
This is an amazing forum and thanks to all for it. I am sure most of the people are confused regarding the exams and this forum helps a lot

I am a dentist from India, the DHA website says that dentists wth less than 3years of practise fall under "dentists under observation" my doubts are:
1) less than 3 years practise means just internship is also considered?? whats the minimum experince required
2) what is the role of a dentist under observation and how is it different from a normal dentist with 5 years of experience

Would be glad to get a reply.

Thanks!!

Quote and Reply

by chync23 » Tuesday, 19th July 2011 08:59 am

greetings!
i am currently 8 months here in sarjah working as a receptionist but i feel that i am not growing and learning my experience as a nurse.. i want to take the exam how is the processing? what woukd the first step do i take.. shukran!

Quote and Reply

how i get dietician job in dubai
by surbhi » Friday, 22nd July 2011 04:32 am

pls gv ur valuable guidance ,i m going to relocate in dubai after nov 2011 nd i want to work as a dietician over there ,so pls tell me which registration is needed and how i get it ,and whats the proceedure and pls also gv sume information abt the salary of dietician over there.
thnxs

Quote and Reply

by rajeevraju2549 » Friday, 22nd July 2011 10:55 am

i am Rajeev Raju from INDIA(kerala),i have did my Post Basic Nursing(PcBsc nursing), I hav morethan 2yrs of experience after my diploma .What is the further requirement to work in DUBAI as a staff nurse under MOH.And what are the steps I should follow to get job under MOH.

Quote and Reply

by shinz » Saturday, 23rd July 2011 08:34 am

abraham wrote:
Nurses
5 schedules are given for the Nursing/Midwifery Registration Examination for 2009. In this 3 schedules are completed and following are the details of the next exams in UAE

Thursday 15 October 2009, Time- Exam 01:00 - 03:30, Venue-PM Institute of Nursing, Sharjah, Intake date-01/08/2009

Thursday 10 December2009, Time- 01:00 - 03:30, Venue- PM Institute of Nursing, Sharjah, Intake date-01/10/2009

Nurses who wish to appear for the coming exam can register now, kindly note that Registration for the MOH will be closed once the seats are full.
  • You have to be at the exam place 2 hours prior to the exam time.
  • Exam Registrations is open through out the year for all the above mentioned exam dates by presenting to the Federal Department of Nursing Abu Dhabi and Dubai with the required documents.
  • Midwifery Registration Examination will be only in October
Health care jobs Apply Here

Quote and Reply