Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home1/manoj/public_html/includes/dbconnect.php on line 21

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home1/manoj/public_html/nbbc-1.4.2/nbbc.php on line 1418

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home1/manoj/public_html/nbbc-1.4.2/nbbc.php on line 1418

Work and study in UAE- Colleges/Courses in UAE | Forum Topic, UAE HR Zone
Username: Password:

Forgot password? click here Not a member yet? JOIN NOW

Topic - Work and study in UAE- Colleges/Courses in UAE

Home > Forum > Work and study in UAE- Colleges/Courses in UAE

Bookmark and Share

Work and study in UAE- Colleges/Courses in UAE

by Archana » Wednesday, 1st July 2009 03:53 am

Quote and Reply

Re: Working and studying in UAE
by Nahal » Wednesday, 1st July 2009 10:19 am

hi can anyone help to know the details of studying in dubai. i heard that with student visa i can take full time work in dubai.which university is best for management education in dubai. i am a student from Iran.

Quote and Reply

by Archana » Wednesday, 1st July 2009 02:36 pm

Quote and Reply

by Aqua » Sunday, 9th August 2009 11:04 am

Whats the average tution fees for master degree in UAE, hope some one can help on this

Quote and Reply

by Archana » Friday, 4th September 2009 10:26 pm

Aqua wrote:
Whats the average tution fees for master degree in UAE, hope some one can help on this

Dear Aqua
Tution fees depends on the university you join, 50000-120000 Dhs in leading universities, You can find few foriegn universities with less fee structure

Quote and Reply

by Aqua » Thursday, 10th September 2009 10:40 am

Archana wrote:
Aqua wrote:

Nahal
Tution fees depends on the university you join, 50000-120000 Dhs in leading universities, You can find few foriegn universities with less fee structure

Thanks Archana

Quote and Reply

Student life - Cost of living in Dubai UAE
by Archana » Tuesday, 29th September 2009 11:14 am

Quote and Reply

Student Visa and Labour law UAE
by Archana » Wednesday, 30th September 2009 05:27 am

Quote and Reply

Work and study in UAE- Job Market for students in Dubai/UAE
by Archana » Wednesday, 30th September 2009 05:29 am

Job Market for students in Dubai/UAE

Job market in Dubai always welcomes students. A student is not allowed to work on student visa according to the current rule in UAE. But a student can search for a job and will get interview calls and if he or she is selected; the visa can be transferred to employment.

Job Search:
www.uaehrzone.com/job-hunting-support
www.uaehrzone.com/jobs
www.gulfnews.com
www.naukrigulf.com
www.bayt.com
www.monstergulf.com

Quote and Reply

Re: Work and study in UAE- Colleges/Courses in UAE
by Sidra » Sunday, 16th May 2010 02:49 am

Hi,

Can anybody suuggest me that what would be the best short term HR course I can that I go for it which will really adds value in my future career because I have already done Masters in Human Resourse Management and having 3 years relevent experience in different multinationals. I was just thinking to do something but have no idea what can be a best choice that I can avail on weekends or if weekdays than after office timings.

I will lookforward for some valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

Sidra

Quote and Reply

by Archana » Thursday, 27th May 2010 11:47 am

Sidra wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody suuggest me that what would be the best short term HR course I can that I go for it which will really adds value in my future career because I have already done Masters in Human Resourse Management and having 3 years relevent experience in different multinationals. I was just thinking to do something but have no idea what can be a best choice that I can avail on weekends or if weekdays than after office timings.

I will lookforward for some valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

Sidra

With your Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience or as a Budding HR professional you can move with short term HR courses in Organisational development , OD Skills, Training & development, Competency mapping, Compensation structures etc. OR you can go for global recognised certifications in HR like
HRCI offers PHR, SPHR and GPHR from
CCP, GRP, CBP, WLCP, CSCP from WorldatWork
CPLP from ASTD
Links:
http://www.hrci.org
http://www.worldatwork.org
http://www.astd.org

Quote and Reply

by mhnyaar » Saturday, 12th June 2010 03:27 pm

Hi thr,

Thanks for the valuable info.
Can you please help advice if Heriot Watt Dubai is a good university to pursue a masters program.
I am planning for masters in international business management from Heriot Watt.

Please advise. thanks.

Regards,
Arora

Quote and Reply

by mhnyaar » Saturday, 12th June 2010 03:28 pm

Hi thr,

Thanks for the valuable info.
Can you please help advice if Heriot Watt Dubai is a good university to pursue a masters program.
I am planning for masters in international business management from Heriot Watt.

Please advise. thanks.

Regards,
Arora
mhnyaarhyd@gmail.com

Quote and Reply

by saasfaan » Tuesday, 29th June 2010 04:15 pm

Hello...
I have done my bachelors from India..
Im planning to study MBA from Abu Dhabi
any good universities and i also wanna work part time too
So plz let me know at the earliest
thanks.

Quote and Reply

by Maha » Thursday, 19th August 2010 03:47 am

I'm interested in pursuing my career here in medicine
and i've heard RAK medical college is a very good option
I'm an indian...but then I've heard a lot of people and my friends saying that the medical studies here provided for a non-emirati citizen isin't good enough..and i might not be successful if i study over here...anything related to medicine...They are telling me to go to India and study over there...as it's better and the certificate has value.... I'm afraid that the certificate value over here...(as i've heard) isin't upto the mark as how it is if you study in India...
and i might not even get a job...if i go abroad
or even if i go to India

is that true?

Studies over here is ONLY and ONLY beneficial for the emirati citizens * when it comes to medical *
I don't want to study there..in India or abroad....I prefer studying over here...but I'm confused...
and I don't know what to do...
help please!

Quote and Reply

by SAMIA » Tuesday, 24th August 2010 07:23 am

hey,
im a mbbs doctor from pakistan, ihave completed my housjob, now i want to go for postgraduate trianing program. can some1 plz guide me as to what i have to do in order to start my post graduate training in dubai/UAE. what are the requirments for appointing foreign graduates and what exams i ahve to give in order to join.
plz teme all the details there is ...
thank you
waiting for ur replies

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 6th September 2010 03:19 am

SAMIA wrote:
hey,
im a mbbs doctor from pakistan, ihave completed my housjob, now i want to go for postgraduate trianing program. can some1 plz guide me as to what i have to do in order to start my post graduate training in dubai/UAE. what are the requirments for appointing foreign graduates and what exams i ahve to give in order to join.
plz teme all the details there is ...
thank you
waiting for ur replies

Hi Samia,
It's not difficult to get an admission for post graduate medical courses in UAE. But please keep in mind that you need to have 2 years of clinical experience to get the licence in UAE and to start a career. I knew few medical graduates (Expatiates) who find difficult to start a career after graduation from UAE due to the lack of experience. The other option is to work as clinical attachment after your graduation in UAE hospitals and to gain the experience to get the eligibility for licencing exams. I am not sure there is any payment attached with this clinical attachment.

Have a look at this link in this forum (Pls go through the post of drpari)
http://www.uaehrzone.com/forum/topic/36/MOH-DOH-GAHS-Exam-in-UAE-Dubai-and-Abu-Dhabi/4

Have a look at the below link as well
Medical Internship in Dubai or Dubai Residency Training Programme (DRTP), but note that priority is given to UAE Nationals and only vacant seats are pass to foreigners
http://www.uaehrzone.com/forum/topic/36/MOH-DOH-GAHS-Exam-in-UAE-Dubai-and-Abu-Dhabi/2

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 6th September 2010 03:29 am

saasfaan wrote:
Hello...
I have done my bachelors from India..
Im planning to study MBA from Abu Dhabi
any good universities and i also wanna work part time too
So plz let me know at the earliest
thanks.

Studying MBA in UAE is a good decision as you can work part time/full time and can support your studies. I knew few candidates who are really successful to get highly paid full time job while studying. The advantage in UAE is that you can easily convert your student visa to employment visa and most of the universities offer late evening classes.
I am not commenting any particular universities, please have a look at the above post of Ms. Archana and you can Google for more information to select a good school.

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 6th September 2010 03:51 am

Maha wrote:

I'm interested in pursuing my career here in medicine
and i've heard RAK medical college is a very good option
I'm an indian...but then I've heard a lot of people and my friends saying that the medical studies here provided for a non-emirati citizen isin't good enough..and i might not be successful if i study over here...anything related to medicine...They are telling me to go to India and study over there...as it's better and the certificate has value.... I'm afraid that the certificate value over here...(as i've heard) isin't upto the mark as how it is if you study in India...
and i might not even get a job...if i go abroad
or even if i go to India

is that true?

Studies over here is ONLY and ONLY beneficial for the emirati citizens * when it comes to medical *
I don't want to study there..in India or abroad....I prefer studying over here...but I'm confused...
and I don't know what to do...
help please!

Hi Mana,
My reply is bit delayed hope you didn't take a decision. As you said its true that Medical courses is not that attractive in UAE because of many aspects. The certificates are valid but you may find difficult to start a career after your graduation. UAE have a licencing policy and you need to get licence to practice in UAE and 2 years clinical experience is a must for this. The other option is to work as clinical attachment after your graduation in UAE hospitals and to get the eligibility for licencing exams. I am not sure there is any payment attached with this clinical work.

I knew many doctors who find difficult to start their career and worked for 2 years with out pay to get the experience.

So research and learn more about UAE systems before taking a decision
this link may help full.
Have a look at this link in this forum (Pls go through the post of drpari)
http://www.uaehrzone.com/forum/topic/36/MOH-DOH-GAHS-Exam-in-UAE-Dubai-and-Abu-Dhabi/4

Quote and Reply

by SAMIA » Wednesday, 8th September 2010 09:58 am

hey ABRAHAM
thanks for detail reply, it has helped though im bit disappointed as i was looking froward to start my career soon there. the reason i asked u about post graduate promgramm was cause i wana join as a resident and wana do my 4 years of post graduate training as a part of DTRP. if can please help me with this as how i can get more information on this.
and u said about clinical attachments, but they wont train me as a resident.

please help me again on this, and tell me if not in dubai, any place in UAE allowing a foreign graduate in their post graduate training programm, then plz let me know

thank you.
sincerely
Dr. SAMIA

Quote and Reply

by abraham » Monday, 13th September 2010 02:04 am

SAMIA wrote:
hey ABRAHAM
thanks for detail reply, it has helped though im bit disappointed as i was looking froward to start my career soon there. the reason i asked u about post graduate promgramm was cause i wana join as a resident and wana do my 4 years of post graduate training as a part of DTRP. if can please help me with this as how i can get more information on this.
and u said about clinical attachments, but they wont train me as a resident.

please help me again on this, and tell me if not in dubai, any place in UAE allowing a foreign graduate in their post graduate training programm, then plz let me know

thank you.
sincerely
Dr. SAMIA

Hi Dr.Samia,
Please have a look at the updates Dated April 11, 2010

Registration for Dubai Residency Training Program for Medical Specialties (DRTP) for citizens and residents of the UAE. (Circular says the applicant must be resident in UAE)
The program provides specialization opportunities for medical graduates and registration to enroll into the program is valid until the 9th of May, 2010.

the period of training in the program ranges from four to six years , depending on the type of specialization and includes general surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry , emergency and family medicine.

Contact Details
Department of Health and Medical Services Building
Al Maktoum Bridge
Bar Dubai
P.O. Box 4545
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

Tel:+971 4-337-0031
Fax:+971 4-337-4563
Email:info@dha.gov.ae

Quote and Reply

study of ms program after b.pharmacy in uae\saudi
by faizkhan14 » Thursday, 7th October 2010 04:46 am

hey guyz plz guide me about the various ms programs in uae after b.pharmacy and which college run that courses......

Quote and Reply

by Ibrahim » Monday, 25th October 2010 08:23 pm

pls can some1 pls explain the processes involved in student visas in dubai to me

Quote and Reply

by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:09 am

Ibrahim wrote:
pls can some1 pls explain the processes involved in student visas in dubai to me

After identifying the course you can contact the college directly. The college will support you in getting admission and visa.

Quote and Reply

Universities and Colleges in Abu Dhabi
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:15 am

Quote and Reply

Colleges and Universities in Ajman
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:17 am

Ajman University of Science and Technology
Ajman Campus
P.O. Box 346
Ajman, UAE
Telephone: +971 06 7466666
Fax: +971 6 7482277
Fujairah Campus
P.O. Box 2202
Fujairah, UAE
Telephone: +971 09 2222644
Fax: +971 9 2227644

Gulf Medical College
P.O. Box 4184
Ajman, UAE
Telephone: +971 06 7431333
Fax: +971 06 7431222

International Academy for Graduate Studies FZE
Ras Al Khaimah Campus
Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone, Business Center 2
P.O. Box 3047
Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
Toll Free: 800 22476
Telephone: +971 7 2041250
Fax: +971 7 2041251
Ajman Campus
Ajman Free Zone, A1 Building
Telephone: +971 6 7453936
Fax: +971 6 7453926

Quote and Reply

Colleges and Universities in Al Ain
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:21 am

Quote and Reply

Colleges and Universities in Fujairah
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:22 am

Quote and Reply

Colleges and Universities in Ras Al Khaimah- RAK
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:26 am

Quote and Reply

Colleges and Universities in Sharjah
by Archana » Sunday, 31st October 2010 11:28 am

Quote and Reply

by Amalbadiy » Tuesday, 2nd November 2010 03:15 am

hi can anyone help to know the details of studying in dubai. i heard that with student visa i can take full time work in dubai. which Medical University is best for Health education in dubai. i am a student from Iran.

Quote and Reply

by bilalyaqub » Monday, 22nd November 2010 07:54 am

Hello!my name is Bilal Yaqub and i am from Paksitan. I completed my M.Sc Physics in 2009 from Government College University Faisalabad Pakistan. i want to work and study in UAE. is there any opportunity for me? please replay me at my email address: bilalbandeesha@yahoo.com
Thanking you for your help!

Quote and Reply

Articles
by Archana » Saturday, 15th January 2011 07:57 am

Quote and Reply

by shilpa » Thursday, 12th May 2011 06:02 am

hi,m shilpa from india,presently in dubai on dependant visa.i finished my MBBS and have 2yrs of experience in india.now i want to work in dubai,but i heard from dubai health authority on phone that v need 3 yrs of experience to work in dubai.so ,i was thinking of studying some course over here,some post graduate or diploma,or fellowship atleast.i have no idea a to how to approach how to get to study here.

is it possible for me to study here by takin student visa?how shud i proceed,i wud be v thankful if u can help me out as soon as i can.thanks a lot!!!

Quote and Reply

by ChaitaliRao » Tuesday, 17th May 2011 06:08 am

hi
i m a physiotherapist frm mumbai & hav relocated to dubai 2 mnts ago..i intend to take up part time post graduate course n also work as a physio..i hav a 2 yrs work exp in out patient set up..can anybody suggest universities for part time pg courses...

Quote and Reply

by stevenson » Thursday, 21st July 2011 02:38 am

Those who endure going to school full time and working full time know the stress of never having enough time or enough money for anything beyond school or work. They also know though that they are looking forward to career advancement or personal fulfillment when they are able to graduate as a result of their own hard work and dedication.

Dentistry in Australia

Quote and Reply

Tuition Fee
by Chekwube » Sunday, 7th August 2011 05:58 am

Can I get the conversion of the tuition fee range for M.Sc program in Dubai in USD

Quote and Reply

by Lulu90 » Wednesday, 10th August 2011 03:39 pm

Hello, i just finished 3rd year medicine in damascus university (syria) got other 3 years left. Is it possible that i transfer to a med school here in dubai? What options do i haveto get an MD? And how much does it cost? Are there any scholarships?? And is it possible to work part time with it? Thank you

Quote and Reply

by hixx93 » Thursday, 11th August 2011 07:34 pm

I'm from Pakistan but lives in Saudi arabia from last 17 years. I'll be done with my 12th grade next year and I wants to continue my studies. I visit uae every year In summers. All I wants to ask is that can i work there part time for my fees ? I'm interested in doing B.Arch from any university.
Do replyy !

Quote and Reply

by uzair » Sunday, 14th August 2011 11:58 pm

hi my name is uzair and i have completed my mbbs degree.. I wanted to try for post graduation in uae so please if anyone can give me some information about the medical schoo;s over there what course are there and fees structure ..and do i have to pass any entrance exam ..please he;p me..my email id is uzzman87@yahoo.com

Quote and Reply