Forgot password? click here Not a member yet? JOIN NOW

Topic - Procedure for applying DOH Pharmacist Exam in UAE

Home > Forum > Procedure for applying DOH Pharmacist Exam in UAE

Bookmark and Share

Procedure for applying DOH Pharmacist Exam in UAE

by prassynair » Sunday, 26th September 2010 09:06 am

Hello,

This thread is to help pharmacists who are willing to appear for DOH license exam conducted by Dubai Health Authority. I hope this helps.
I personally had gone through the following procedure.

The first step is to download the application form and fill it electronically only ( No hand written applications will be accepted)
http://edohms.dohms.gov.ae/MPT/Main/Forms.aspx
Go to the above link and download the Healthcare Professionals Application Form(DOC)
Fill it up electronically and attach the documents mentioned
1) Filled in application form
2) One passport size photograph
3)Copies of your work experience certificates (Normally 3 years work experience should be enough( as required by MOH). But it is always better to keep copies of work experience for the past 5 years - Just in case).
4) Your Pharmacist registration copy. If you have MOH license, you may keep the copy of the same.
5) Your passport copies
6) Good standing letter from your previous employer ( Even if your conduct is mentioned satisfactory on you experience certificate, it would be considered)

There are two ways of getting registered.
1) If a pharmacy with Dubai license sponsor's you then the exam fee would be AED 160.00
or
2) You may apply as a private candidate then the exam fee would be AED 1010.00

If you are applying through a dubai registered pharmacy then you would require to submit the Licensure Services Form from the below link and get it signed and stamped by the sponsoring pharmacy in Dubai
Attach the original copy of this application form

Once you are done with the above, visit the DHA office at Dubai Health Care city block 64 - 1st floor.
( Please get all the photocopies and print outs as there is no internet/ photocopy or fax services available nearby)

Be there at around 9.00 ( i believe application will not be accepted after 12 noon) and show your filled in application form at the counter. You will be given a tocken number and you need to wait till your turn comes.
Once your turn comes, you will be directed to a counter where you need to submit your application form for review. You will be asked to pay AED 110.00 ( Keep the recept as this is required when your application is approved). One your application is submitted, you will be called by DHA in a weeks time to inform whether your application is Approved or Rejected

Once you application is approved, you need to visit DHA again, submit the receipt of AED 110.00 at the counter. In a few minutes you will be called and given your application which you submitted earlier along with a token number.
Wait for your turn and as earlier you will be directed to one of the counter where you will be asked to buy a Pharmacist Question Book ( consists of 1000 questions on pharmacy) for AED 210.00
You will be asked to pay the exam registration fee - For regular it is AED 160.00 if sponsored by a dubai pharmacy or AED 1010 if you are regestring as a private candidate.
Once you get your exam date, you will be asked to visit PSV department where you need to get registred for screening of your documents by paying AED 900.00.
You will be given an email address to which you have to write a mail asking for your screening result which you will get in a months time.

Above is the complete procedure that i went through. Feel free to ask me, should you have any doubts.

Best of Luck

Quote and Reply

Re: Procedure for applying DOH Pharmacist Exam in UAE
by abraham » Sunday, 26th September 2010 09:43 am

Hi Prassynair,
I very much appreciate your willingness to share this information, this will surely inspire the other professionals to share their experiences as well.

Once again thank you.

Regards
Abraham

Quote and Reply

by Amalbadiy » Tuesday, 2nd November 2010 03:43 am

Is there any way for a student applying to pharmacy school to shadow a pharmacist?
My husband is applying to pharmacy school programs this fall and needs to get pharmacy hours somehow. He is not a pharmacy technician so it's a bit harder. Any suggestions?

Quote and Reply

by famidakhatib » Tuesday, 28th December 2010 01:33 am

Hello Prassynair,

Thank you so much for your time sir.. I am a pharmacy graduate and planning to give DOH exam.. you really made it easy for me.

can you please tell me is it a written exam or oral? or both? and have you given the exam? is it hard? do we have any material to prepare as i am also planning to write MOH.. and i could not get your last lines.. please explain it more briefly.. that will help me alot..

"Once you get your exam date, you will be asked to visit PSV department where you need to get registred for screening of your documents by paying AED 900.00.
You will be given an email address to which you have to write a mail asking for your screening result which you will get in a months time."

Thank you

Quote and Reply

by prassynair » Monday, 2nd May 2011 12:53 am

Hi,

The exam is online written exam. You will be given a set of multiple choices to choose and i guess, a score of 60% is considered pass. Yes i have given the exam and cleared. There is no specific syllabus for this exam. You primarily focus on the 1000 questions asked in the pharmacist question book...
For MOH there is no such guide. You have to read anything and everything you get related to pharmacy.

Regarding my last lines, let me clarify...

"Wait for your turn and as earlier you will be directed to one of the counter where you will be asked to buy a Pharmacist Question Book ( consists of 1000 questions on pharmacy) for AED 210.00
You will be asked to pay the exam registration fee - For regular it is AED 160.00 if sponsored by a dubai pharmacy or AED 1010 if you are regestring as a private candidate."

Once the payment is done, the counter wll tell you when is your exam date and will ask you to go to the next counter which is called PSV depatrment in the same floor. You need to go to him with all the documents (which you submitted earlier) and submit all those documents there and pay him the fee of AED 900.( I think from here they will send these documents for verification for a company). You will be given an email address of that company. Once you reach home you write an email asking them about the screening result of your documents( you also need to mention the number on the payment receipt as a reference) .( i was told that they will get back to us in a months time.But i never got a reply)

Hope it is clear now.

famidakhatib wrote:
Hello Prassynair,

Thank you so much for your time sir.. I am a pharmacy graduate and planning to give DOH exam.. you really made it easy for me.

can you please tell me is it a written exam or oral? or both? and have you given the exam? is it hard? do we have any material to prepare as i am also planning to write MOH.. and i could not get your last lines.. please explain it more briefly.. that will help me alot..

"Once you get your exam date, you will be asked to visit PSV department where you need to get registred for screening of your documents by paying AED 900.00.
You will be given an email address to which you have to write a mail asking for your screening result which you will get in a months time."

Thank you

Quote and Reply

by cristina » Tuesday, 9th August 2011 02:08 am

Hi! I'm a registered Pharmacist in the Philippines but I've been working as a Pharm Tech for the last four years at a free zone based hospital.

I would like to get a Pharmacist Licensure, does that mean I should indicate my Philippine Professional License details at the Section 4: License Information?

Can I be sponsored by any private pharmacy other than the hospital I'm working for?

Thank you so much for your time.

Quote and Reply

by vanjh » Monday, 19th September 2011 04:15 pm

hi prassynair,

thanks for the infos. regarding the review materials, if i haven't taken a schedule for the examination yet,

[*]can i avail of this questionares from DOH?
[*]is there a place to buy 2nd hand or ÜSED" books here in UAE?
[*]is there also a reviewer for the arabic-english exam for non arabic applicants,

hope you can enlighten me regarding this matter.

thanks once again and more blessings.

with best regards,

vanjh

Quote and Reply

Going to Dubai
by abrarmansuri » Wednesday, 23rd November 2011 10:05 am

Thank u sir for giving such a useful information.
i am Abrar Mansuri from India completed my Master of Pharmacy in recent year. i want to go to Dubai for the pharmacist job but i cannot go to Dubai due to financial problem. Can any pharmaceutical industry sponser me to come there? Or can u give me another source to go abroad, at where i can pracise in my field? plz give me guidence about this problem.
Thanks & regards,
Abrar Mansuri

Quote and Reply

renewal of pharmacist doh license
by 634911 » Monday, 12th December 2011 02:54 pm

Hi prassynair,
do u have any idea about renewal of doh license, i have not been working foe the last one year as i took a break for my child. Is my license valid now, can it be renewed? Kindly updATE thanks!

Quote and Reply

by zainab1970 » Thursday, 12th April 2012 01:44 pm

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

This thread is to help pharmacists who are willing to appear for DOH license exam conducted by Dubai Health Authority. I hope this helps.

The first step is to download the application form and fill it electronically only ( No hand written applications will be accepted)
Go to the above link and download the Healthcare Professionals Application Form(DOC)
3)Copies of your work experience certificates (Normally 3 years work experience should be enough( as required by MOH). But it is always better to keep copies of work experience for the past 5 years - Just in case).
4) Your Pharmacist registration copy. If you have MOH license, you may keep the copy of the same.
5) Your passport copies
6) Good standing letter from your previous employer ( Even if your conduct is mentioned satisfactory on you experience certificate, it would be considered)

1) If a pharmacy with Dubai license sponsor's you then the exam fee would be AED 160.00
or

If you are applying through a dubai registered pharmacy then you would require to submit the Licensure Services Form from the below link and get it signed and stamped by the sponsoring pharmacy in Dubai

Once you are done with the above, visit the DHA office at Dubai Health Care city block 64 - 1st floor.
( Please get all the photocopies and print outs as there is no internet/ photocopy or fax services available nearby)

Be there at around 9.00 ( i believe application will not be accepted after 12 noon) and show your filled in application form at the counter. You will be given a tocken number and you need to wait till your turn comes.
Once your turn comes, you will be directed to a counter where you need to submit your application form for review. You will be asked to pay AED 110.00 ( Keep the recept as this is required when your application is approved). One your application is submitted, you will be called by DHA in a weeks time to inform whether your application is Approved or Rejected

Once you application is approved, you need to visit DHA again, submit the receipt of AED 110.00 at the counter. In a few minutes you will be called and given your application which you submitted earlier along with a token number.
Wait for your turn and as earlier you will be directed to one of the counter where you will be asked to buy a Pharmacist Question Book ( consists of 1000 questions on pharmacy) for AED 210.00
You will be asked to pay the exam registration fee - For regular it is AED 160.00 if sponsored by a dubai pharmacy or AED 1010 if you are regestring as a private candidate.
Once you get your exam date, you will be asked to visit PSV department where you need to get registred for screening of your documents by paying AED 900.00.
You will be given an email address to which you have to write a mail asking for your screening result which you will get in a months time.

Above is the complete procedure that i went through. Feel free to ask me, should you have any doubts.

Best of Luck

HI,thanks for your help.I just have one query ,I have been non practicing for 6 years now ,,,
I had graduated in 1993,,,and I live in Dubai now
will that be a problem ,,,and how can I solve it.

thank you

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

Quote and Reply

by hanakim4 » Tuesday, 15th May 2012 07:58 am

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

THANK YOU A LOT FOR THIS MUCH INFO . IT'S REALLY VERY USEFUL . KINDLY DO LET ME KNOW CAN WE COURIER ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION ?? or we have to go and submit it by hand ????? it's a big issue as obviously i do not live here in ABU DHABI ,.... Kindly do reply and help me out in this thanks

Quote and Reply

by anwarf1 » Friday, 8th June 2012 08:01 am

hanakim4 wrote:
prassynair wrote:
Hello,

THANK YOU A LOT FOR THIS MUCH INFO . IT'S REALLY VERY USEFUL . KINDLY DO LET ME KNOW CAN WE COURIER ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION ?? or we have to go and submit it by hand ????? it's a big issue as obviously i do not live here in ABU DHABI ,.... Kindly do reply and help me out in this thanks

This is the old procedure... New procedure is all online... Dataflow is needed now... Anyways... Can anybody tell me about the online fee payment . It is not accepting my local credit card of pakistan.. Do i need UAE credit card to pay the fee.

Quote and Reply

by bunny » Saturday, 25th August 2012 09:22 am

hi
thanx for such a supportive and informative quote from ur side. i wanted to know if the book which they are giving to everyone is really helpful and enough for the exam or else we definetly have to study from other sources??

thankyou
regards

Quote and Reply

by PARVEEN » Monday, 10th September 2012 02:22 am

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

Quote and Reply

by meenakshiverma » Tuesday, 18th December 2012 07:36 am

Dear Sir,

You have given a very detailed information. but still i want to ask that for a person who is a fresher how to go about and is there a need to clear arabic examination to sit in the exam?

and how to prapare for the exam an particular book or coaching centers which we can join?

Regards
Meenakshi

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

Quote and Reply

by mohdtarique29 » Wednesday, 9th January 2013 05:24 am

prassynair wrote:
Hi,

The exam is online written exam. You will be given a set of multiple choices to choose and i guess, a score of 60% is considered pass. Yes i have given the exam and cleared. There is no specific syllabus for this exam. You primarily focus on the 1000 questions asked in the pharmacist question book...
For MOH there is no such guide. You have to read anything and everything you get related to pharmacy.

Regarding my last lines, let me clarify...

"Wait for your turn and as earlier you will be directed to one of the counter where you will be asked to buy a Pharmacist Question Book ( consists of 1000 questions on pharmacy) for AED 210.00
You will be asked to pay the exam registration fee - For regular it is AED 160.00 if sponsored by a dubai pharmacy or AED 1010 if you are regestring as a private candidate."

Once the payment is done, the counter wll tell you when is your exam date and will ask you to go to the next counter which is called PSV depatrment in the same floor. You need to go to him with all the documents (which you submitted earlier) and submit all those documents there and pay him the fee of AED 900.( I think from here they will send these documents for verification for a company). You will be given an email address of that company. Once you reach home you write an email asking them about the screening result of your documents( you also need to mention the number on the payment receipt as a reference) .( i was told that they will get back to us in a months time.But i never got a reply)

Hope it is clear now.
famidakhatib wrote:
Hello Prassynair,

Thank you
hi is
PARVEEN wrote:
prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

to appear in this examination is experience needed...?

Quote and Reply

by hanijamali » Saturday, 9th February 2013 01:12 pm

prassynair wrote:
Hello,

5) Your passport copies

or

Best of Luck

Quote and Reply

by Nasar » Sunday, 3rd March 2013 05:29 am

asalamalaikam im sheik nasar i finished my m.pharm degrees , im very interest to work in dubai as a pharmacist, so please sent me the procerdure how to apply for MOHexams

Quote and Reply

by vivekanandan » Monday, 6th May 2013 09:52 am

hi sir;

thank you very much for your information, it is really useful.

Im a pharm.D student from India. im willing to practice pharmacy in UAE

i have few doubts sir please give me suggestions for that,

1. Do we have to pass both MOH and DOH exams to become a registered pharmacist in dubai or any one exam is enough ?

2. Does this experience certificate is must to appear for the exam or do we can submit that while we are registering our profession?

3. How many years the scores of MOH/DOH/HAAD exams will be valid? can we write these exams first and submit that scores after 2 years of my minimum experience ?

4. Do we have to renew our license after some years?

5. what will be the average salary for a pharmacist in UAE?

thanking you sir

Quote and Reply

Late exam procedure
by Azeez » Thursday, 31st October 2013 10:16 am

Dear brother,

I had already did my dha exam in 2010 once and i had failed the exam. At that time the exam was in rashid hospital and there was no any kind of question books have been provided.Now i came to know that there is a book available. Now it being a 3 years pasted, now guide me if i want to do my exam i have to do these procedure once again or i can do my second chance with previous form.

thanks and regards

Quote and Reply

by 9500358077 » Tuesday, 5th November 2013 02:36 am

Hello sir,

You gave us very detailed information. But still I have some doubts whether we have to know to read and write Arabic language. I am from India , Is there any option to get appear for exams through online.

Thank you ,
regards

Quote and Reply

by abbasali14 » Tuesday, 14th January 2014 02:41 am

Dear prassynair

Thanks for your valuable forum.

I want to know the procedure if the candidate not in UAE. They can give their examination through UAE embassy.

Thanks & Regards

Abbas
abbasali14@gmail.com

Quote and Reply

by naikamit7 » Sunday, 19th January 2014 05:43 am

Dear Sir,
is there any latest procedure to obtain DHA book from other country? plz give me information about Prometric Centers.

thx.....

Quote and Reply

what is furture pharmacist in dubai
by pradeepeln » Friday, 21st March 2014 04:06 am

Hello,
Myself Pradeep I have done B pharmacy in India & having 3 years of industrial experince still I have give MOH exam.Actually I am not sure about screnario for pharma in dubai i.e to get into retail or industrial jobs.
Pls guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Quote and Reply